Have barely got the time to relax this past month - so blogging is a remote possibility. Allow me to tell you why (as if you, poor reader, have a choice). There's always a price to pay for being efficient. And one must inevitably and quite deservedly pay for being an insufferable workaholic. By the latter kind I refer to one of those smart-alecs you may bump into: the omnipresent geek, the irritating prissy or the self-righteous know-it-all -- take your p(r)ick. They're all equally disastrous. Now, I don't know which category I fall into, but I certainly know I am not a geek (atleast not anymore), I barely have the bodily-constitution to make my scrawny-self available at any occasion that may or may not demand my presence and neither I am a full-of-myself-know-it-all. In fact, I am just a beginner. Still the new-kid-on-the-block. Yet, I am given responsibilities way beyond my calibre and capability. Why? Because I am good at what I do. Organized work is my forte. Shabby jobs, incomplete reports or missed-deadlines are out of question. Blame the Virgo in me for being a tad too finicky (to the point of manic obsession). And this very inherent trait is taken advantage of by all who are aware of these vulnerabilities. 'Avanti kar legi,' is the widespread assumption. Avanti is the one you dump your worldly worries upon. Avanti is the one who will make life easy for everyone around her. And Avanti is inadvertently THE damsel who will respond to distress. Unflinchingly. Gee, I feel like Mother Teresa already.
In all fairness, I consider myself fortunate that I am the first person that comes to the stumped mind in the event of dire straits. Still, I'm tired of being the fallback gal. I'm tired of being the resident, local dump. I must learn to protest. I must learn to say 'No'. And most importantly, I must give myself more of my own attention. Till then, the object of my all-too-frequent rants should be me. No one else.
So if I don't fade away into oblivion soon, see you at the next post.
7 comments:
"In all fairness, I consider myself fortunate that I am the first person that comes to the stumped mind in the event of dire straits." Indeed something to be proud of, but do not over work your self to the extent that you resent your work! It will not be positive for you or the work, which will be sad! Do as best as you can and keep a reserve of energy for other things, and some ME time! take care! Nice to see a Mother Tehresa in the making...but take care of urself TOOOO!!!
I can so relate to that! The fallback guy - that's what I end up being too. So, half-baked, badly written/edited reports come my way at 3 in the night, and I'm supposed to wave my wand and make them submission-worthy by 9 in the morning. Sheesh!
Interesting!
Well it all seems very obvious when you write those things, you are one of those dependable person!
I would like to make a request on behalf of your blog, 'Can you please for once write something in which you are not cribbing? I would like to show the people that you do think otherwise, like when you wrote about the girl who gave you the rose in the auto... please my dear master, please paint me with another colour'
Have fune!
@Indy: I completely agree Fafy! Hence the post. So that the next time I end up repeating this good-samaritan-act, I am reminded of where I must draw the line!
@Sumit: A twin! You will understand what I go through better than anyone else then :)
@Dear, dear Ankit: Now, if I only were as lucky that I'd be gifted a rose every single day! Ye roz ki baat nahi hai yaar! And what I post in this blog at any given time mirrors what I am going through. Fikar not, as soon as there's some sunshine in my life, I will post it pronto!
PS: You can start by gifting me a rose the next time we meet at Ashray ;)
Oh my gosh! Being YOU must be such a great feeling, gal! :)
Jokes apart, I think you are an awsomely dependable person indeed. Quite frankly, the Virgos I have known crib to no limits known to mankind, when they are given chores ONLY they are deemed capable of doing. But heart of hearts, I tell you. You guys are such hypocrites :) You know fully well we wouldnt survive without passing on the wo..r..k, err... depending on you guys. And you enjoy every ounce of it! :)
So continue being yourself and heal the world. Meanwhile we can tolerate the rant and the crib. :)
Hugs,
Anu
@Shup: Wise words indeed! Will keep them in mind :)
@Anu: Haha.... I can safely say on behalf of all Virgos that we DO NOT enjoy this 'passing the buck' to us. Because we know that once the buck is passed, it stops right at the toes of the Virgo (they hate anyone else doing their work) and then they HAVE to do it. How we wish people stop taking us for granted!
But thanks for the inputs, you were right about the incessant cribbing (gosh, I am getting infamous for this now). I'm glad I have a few sympathetic ears via the medium of this blog. Thank you guys for enduring me :)
Post a Comment