Ma celebrated her b'day today. She's graced a full 50 years on planet Earth now, so yeah yeah.... golden jubilee/half century maraa. When she wakes my lazy-self up early in the morning, I wish her a very happy b'day and tell her I hope she lives a long life. Almost instantly she incredulously retorts, "No no, I don't wish to live for long... tum dono (me & sis) ki shaadi ho jaye... bas, uske baad mai Bhagwaan ko boloongi ki mujhe apne paas bulaale...." Sigh. As if Bhagwan is on her speed-dial chummy-buddy list, "Hey pal, now that I've sent my two batty kids packing off, do you think you can save a seat for me on that enormous lotus sofa of yours?" Dear 'ol Ma. Always the theatrical, semi-blackmailing, ultra-nagging but yet, extremely adorable one. What would I do without her?
I ain't gonna launch into a (cliched & dreary) tribute to Ma, cause honestly, she is beyond any such stereotypical eulogies. I could sum her up in one word though - WONDERWOMAN (minus the outlandish costume, of course). The enviable manner in which she juggles home, work and not to add, deal with two extremely unreasonable brats (I am one of them, the other is my pompous sis) is laudable. Hats off to you, Ma! You will always be my hero - the sole shining star in my darkest hour and the constant ray of light during my happiest times. Thanks Ma, for bringing me into this world. And untiringly being by my side whilst I journey through it.
Though gifts wouldn't convey a shred of what she means to me, for what its worth, Ma smilingly accepted a pretty saree & a neat lil' watch from me. Once again, happy b'day Ma!
No comments:
Post a Comment