Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Killer


Now if this beauty comes out before end-09, I might just shift loyalties to Nokia from my current steadfast allegiance to Sony Ericsson (and the occasional longing glances at Apple). The Nokia 5800 is touted as the iPhone killer. Personally, I don't think the legendary iPhone is beatable... its in a league of its own. But the Nokia 5800 would certainly be a poor-man's substitute for its ridiculously expensive counterpart i.e. the iPhone; though Rs. 18000, before taxes, is not exactly 'poor' for the potential Nokia 5800 buyer. Still, I'm a little wary of the plastic band around the phone. Might pass off for a toddler's toy. Plus, from initial reviews, I've heard the touchscreen is not as intelligent (read, responsive) as the iPhone. Putting that aside (I hope Nokia resolve that!), gorge on some of the specs:

· 3.2-inch touchscreen display with 16 million colors
· 3.2 megapixel camera, includes a Carl Zeiss lens, autofocus and dual-LED flashQuad-band
· 3G UMTS/HSDPA
· Bluetooth 2.0
· WiFi
· GPS
· 3.5 mm headphone jack
· TV-out port
· 140MB on-board storage, upto 16 GB extendible memory
· 111 x 52 x 14.5 mm
· 104g
· S60 Fifth edition
· (850/900/1800/1900Mhz) GSM/EDGE radio


Can't hardly wait! A decision will be taken when the 5800 comes out. Either that, or the iPhone for me. After all, I've been a resourceful girl and been saving up for a rainy-day, haven't I?

Here's a visual comparison of the Samsung Omnia, the Nokia 5800 and the Apple iPhone:

No comments: