Headed to Croma today to check out the new Apple Macbook Pro (the aluminium unibody, with black keys). I was hypnotized. However, did a double take when I spotted the price tag next to this gorgeous piece of electronic. I mean, the zeroes just didn't stop extending themselves (after the 1, of course). I marvel at Apple. I really do. They always come out with absolute knockouts. Be it the ubiquitous iPod, the widely popular iPhone/iTouch, the stunning iMac or the astonishingly beautiful Macbook. They know how to deliver on aesthetics, leaving the competition far behind on this front. However, the prices attached to these sinful luxuries are designed to deliver a physical blow to you as well. On first sight and operation (I played around with the MBP a bit) you're transported to an electronic paradise - the visuals and design blow you away. But then I notice the price tag alongside and I'm rudely jolted back to miserable reality. Its an astronomical 102,000 bucks! I can buy the new Samsung LED TV (another dazzler) for the same price (I always do this i.e. play the politics of relativity when faced with the prospect of shelling out huge, ridiculous sums of money for something I really don't need). Should I or should I not purchase it? My heart screams 'YES! YES! YES!' while the mind chides me for being a spendthrift lunatic - a prodigal idiot of the highest order. Let me ponder over the merits/demerits of the same. Till then, I'll have to make do with drooling over the pics*:


* Pics courtesy: Leander Kahney of 'Cult of Mac'. I love the last one.





No comments:
Post a Comment