Thursday, September 24, 2009

All Work, no Play

September has been pretty uneventful so far, which means I jabber a lot less on this over-worked page. Worked my arse off during the first half, following which I can now give a discourse on Swiss private banks and banking secrecy (provided anyone wants to hear it); cursed MTNL as they delivered poor triband service once again (they are so predictable! Of the 24 days in this month, I had access for only 5) and reached level 129 in Mafia Wars (ho-hum; yes, I am a sworn-addict!) . The only highlight was the arrival of my Macbook Pro. Yes, it is indeed everything it promises to be. And much more. Everything else (read Windows & desktop PCs) pales in comparison. Now only if I could replace the dabba PC at work with the Macbook, I would breeze through my assignments! Sigh.... if wishes were horses!!

Speaking of work, completed 2 years at Deutsche Bank now. Although it seems more morbid as I write it, the feeling is nothing of that sort. It seems like just yesterday when I stepped into the huge, imposing office - a nervous girl, full of apprehension of how things will turn out. It was only my first job. However, the experience has been fun, rewarding and I can confidently say, I am much wiser than the ignoramus I was 2 years back ;) Made some friends here, learnt a lot and generally kept myself away from office-politics and trouble (yes, I'm an insufferable bore). Not to mention, the paycheck I take home every month. That's the best and most fulfilling part of this job! Come to think of it, it is for any job!

It is only apt I upload some pics of work. Here they are, the second one was taken chupke se - it is strictly prohibited to take snaps of the office premises:


I know, I know - my desk's laden with girly stuff. But I like to come to an adorned desk every morning. Helps me cheer up! Oh, and everyone thinks its the neatest desk in the place. The Virgo (and OCD) in me is proud!

Its SO hard to click a picture of the office premises (this is only part of it)- what with Hitler-like security guards baying for any camera-click-happy enthusiast. But I managed to sneak out a quick snap anyway, when the guard was looking away!

PS: Now that I've waxed eloquent 'bout my work, can I get that raise please?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.....congo 4 ur completn of 2 years...waise party kab de rahi hai ?? ;)

Avanti said...

Thanku Priyu! Party tab doongi jab tum apni-waali party dogi ;)

Shikha Khandelwal said...

Hey me completed Two years too....in office on 1st Aug this year....but with the feeling of
"Gawd!!!! There was so much in books that is applied and can be applied practically...... And wht did I do while doin CA... Man!!!"

But u noe I m very proud of you yaa... u r one person who genuinely doesnt crib.... abt this workin years........

Shikha Khandelwal said...

@priyu u "WANT" a PARTY...u mean a chocolate Bar..Cadbury...or PP...rite

@ Avz Yeah But its been a long time....and we shud jus CELEBRATE...for wht?? dunno...
who cares....... All Work and no play = dull life
so really lets Party!!!!!

Avanti said...

Awwww Shikz... u are so kind!!! Proud of you too!! It ain;t easy to command an entire department at such a young age!! Keep it up! And yeah... I'm up for the party anytime, as long as Priyu is paying for it!! Gimme the place and I'll be there ;)

Arslan said...

Congratulations!! And it's also nice to know you've liked the work, which is often not the case, a scenario I really dread.

And yea, how do I get into the party!! :)

Anky said...

'GAWd', as Shikha would put it, you guys earn in counts of gold pots and fight over who should pay for a party...

Very disappointing!!

@Avanti: Congrats!!

@Shikha: Congrats to you too, come to think of it, we must award your office staff, they suffered and yet continued, I guess the recession muct have played a part in the same.. :)

Have fun people!!

Avanti said...

@ Arslan: Hey globe-trotter! Yup, I have liked the work so far, but can feel the initial pangs of monotony set in now. But I still have some interest left, and will continue till I don't get bored silly.
As for the party, since you won't get direct entry anyway, you would probably have to gatecrash! ;)

@ Ankit: Lol @ pots of gold. If we earned in those metrics, a mere party would not what I would have. I would ideally go on a world trip or something ;) And take my friends along too!