Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Blog Trap

I've never been a a great fan of blogs, nor did I regularly read them. Don't ask me why, but I've always thought they were musings of a self-besotted mind. But then I reason - blogs are not always that; my previous accusation was misguided, perhaps by reading a few of them blogs which had "I/ ME/ MYSELF" strewn all over it. I mean, who gives horse-shit if you've bought a bejewelled comb yesterday, lost a few strands of hair today or will go for hair-replacement tomorrow? And on and on they go.... mammoth blogs that begin with an individual's morning ablutions & end with a goodnight teddy-bear hug. Such atrocity on the poor reader!

This blog was never created to chronicle daily minutes of my life, writing is just a great stress-buster for me. I don't lead a diva's life. Its a simple one. No flashlights, no drunken nights out, no hit-and-runs, no brawls (don't have the bodily construction to even fight one), no procalmations-atop-rooftops, no heists, no sex tapes, no goondagiri (ok, I don't think ANYONE has such an eventful life, except for, maybe that bimbo Paris Hilton.... or apna very own Sallu bhai). I am content with the unadorned, though not unduly austere life that I lead. Low-profile is my mantra. I'm no wannabe, I let my actions speak for me. Thats not to say I'm unambitious. I dream of many things, like others do. But I don't let my dreams consume me. Anything unattained is taken in my stride. I walk on to newer, better things.

So there you go. Day 1 of MY musings/rantings. See.... I've become one of them now.... But I assure you, I won't bore you with lengthy transcripts of how-I-tied-my-hair-into-a-bun-today. I hope I have more interesting & less excruciating matters to write about. (Sure I will... our world is weird enough)!

Until then, adieu! And wish me happy blogging!

No comments: