Saturday, July 26, 2008

Retail Therapy

I tell you, its simply the best remedy that can be offered to a distraught mind... Its liberating, extremely satisfying & presents you with paroxysmal happiness. It also burns a hole in your pocket big enough to see a piping hot mexican-green-wave pizza (slurp!) through.... but who cares! (as long as your deserving salary's credited next month). Out goes the pocket-with-a-gaping-hole & in comes a brand new 'un. For a clotheshorse like yours truly, the smell & feel of new clothes is nonpareil. Almost orgasmic. The slightest urge to shop & I'd even brave Mumbai's fickle & unrelenting rains, the resultant slush & the general chaos around, just to quell that drone in my skull yelling - YOU NEED TO GO SHOPPING, GIRL!

So, to all those gloomyheads out there, one piece of advice (sigh.... another gyaan-baatofyer in the house, didn't we ban them all???) Say goodbye to those blues and say hello to colorful hues (ok.... I sound more like an annoying, poorly-rhyming saleswoman now).

I hereby invoke Occam's razor (Occam's...WHAT!! I've totally lost it) and say - Go shop till you drop. And watch your money go pop!

No comments: