How I hate the smell of hospitals. Squeaky clean, plasticky, chlorinated, antisepticized and thoroughly sanitized... you almost feel like you're the one quarantined. Admittedly, I am a stickler for all things spic-n-span, but this is way too much. Its like you're a speck of ugly dirt on that sickeningly clean, glistening floor and as you walk, you're made to think as if you're dropping multigrams of dust behind (smartass janitor comes rushing with his mop after you walk by)... Dude! For crying out loud - I haven't just emerged from the local sewer! And I'm certainly cleaner than your colonised armpit... now beat that! But hey, that's your job and maybe I shouldn't be complaining much. After all, hospitals must be clean, look clean atleast. So there you go - I will keep my pride aside and let you mop up after me.
Can't blame me for emphasizing on a trivial matter, cause I've never been to a hospital (atleast a huge one, spanning 10+ floors) before. Naturally, I'm awestruck by the enormity of actions that go on in the place. Doctors in their white gowns looking oh-so-important; nurses with their hair neatly tied up, barking instructions; ward-boys scurrying across the place with patient-files; janitors (that annoying, yet essential species again) cleaning floors furiously and the receptionist answering various queries with a constant smile on her face. All these people are directly or indirectly involved in the business of saving lives. Daily, hourly, minute-by-minute, every second. And to be honest, I am in awe of them all. My sis is too. "Drat! I should've been a doctor!" she says. Yeah Sona, count me in as well.
On sight of the imposing building of the Asian Heart Institute at BKC, you'd be forgiven for thinking it is a five-star hotel. Well, they treat you like
a five-star patient atleast. Dad is in for his bypass. Never thought things would advance to such an extent, but they did. What's important though, is that he survived a major heart attack that struck him this month. 100% blockages, the doc said. In both of his left arteries (LAD, CX). Yet, he lived to tell the tale. I know I'm reiterating this, but it can only be that supreme Force above that averted this near-fatal incident. And not just pure dumb luck. I am not worried sick 'bout Dad. Only a little anxious. I know he is in safe hands. I know this surgery will be a success. I know he will recover wonderfully from it. I know that if He saved him the last time around, He will this time too! And I know, dear reader... that you will pray for him too.
Hoping and praying for the best!
Last, but by no means the least - Here's also praying for the victims of that awful, awful strike on Mumbai. My heart goes out to them and their families. What a great loss for Mumbai!
Let peace prevail.
2 comments:
We prayin for him too........
u dont worry we all are prayin really hard for uncle
I am so sure he will come out of it as strong as a horse
u dont worry keep up the faith and v r aalways there 4 u. let us know if u need anything...
may the force be with you
Post a Comment