
Its times like these when you are starkly reminded of your capricious existence and how easily it can be taken away from you in an instant. The realization hits you when you least expect it. A rabbit-in-the-headlights kinda situation again. Though this one time, the rabbit wasn't me, it was Dad. Thank God it was only a mild heart attack. I stop short of thinking what would've happened if it was anything graver than that. Mom, sis and myself wouldn't be able to deal with that. It has not been an easy time for the family, however we have surprisingly come out stronger than before. As I've said a thousand times in the past, I couldn't admire Mom more. She's rock solid, even though her world is being torn apart. She's shit scared inside but she won't shed a cowardly tear on the exterior. Its the hardest thing to put on a smile for your loved ones when in so much pain. She credits us for being so brave during times of distress, but I think otherwise. In truth,
she's the stuff heroes are made of. She's been through a lot of undeserving crap in her life, but everytime she comes out unscathed. Shaken, but not stirred.... a la Bond.
As I am typing this, Foo Fighters are playing in the background. The words are apt:
I am a one way motorway
I'm the one that drives away
Then follows you back home
I am a street light shining
I'm a wild light blinding bright
Burning off alone
It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's times like these you learn to love again
It's times like these time and time again
I am a new day rising
I'm a brand new sky
To hang the stars upon tonight
I am a little divided
Do I stay or run away
And leave it all behind?
It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's times like these you learn to love again
It's times like these time and time again
Here's wishing Papa a full & speedy recovery. I know 'hospital' is synonymous for 'jail' in your dictionary by now. But take heart, only a few days more, and then you'll be walking out in the sunshine.... to embrace a blessed second life again!
No comments:
Post a Comment