Thursday, April 30, 2009

Power of Two

Didn't need any coaxing to believe in the institution of marriage. These few, simple lines did the trick.

"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying, 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness'."

-Susan Sarandon, being very wise in 'Shall we Dance'.

Amen to that.

(Mansi & Deeps.... you're likely to have dropped the contents of your hands by now)

2 comments:

itsakash4u said...

nice perspective to look a thing like MARRIAGE.

Anky said...

When are u getting married? Do let me know... If you invite me I will defintely come with a gift... although i will make sure I eat.. :P