Moral of the picture* above: If you thought bosses belong to the Mesozoic era, you couldn't be more mistaken. They have caught up fast and how! Its not that employees have run out of novel excuses to bunk the day off (one ex-colleague said he injured his left toe and hence could not drive down to office... WTF!! What is your left toe expected to do at work anyway? Do the samba with the office hottie?) The point being - employees will continue to be at their innovative best... the trick is how to make your excuse look genuine and back it up with facts. It certainly won't help if said colleague turns up in the pink of health at the annual sack-race the next day and goes on to beat the others by a mile. A little limping about and a thick bandage around the 'unfortunate' toe (for added effect) will serve the purpose adequately. Also don't take the day off saying you have constipation and end up posting pictures of you and the gang at the local pizza parlor, ODing on your tenth cheese-burst pizza. The cure for constipation isn't aiming for some more constipation. So folks, faff if you want to... but be careful.... your boss is lurking about in your facebook/twitter profile... keeping count of how many animals you bred in your zoo in Farmville (the most irritating game on FB) or how many mafia members you 'iced' in Mafia Wars (irritating again, but highly addictive!).... beware guys! The big boss is always on the prowl for lil' tidbits on you and your virtual hang-abouts! ;)
*Pic courtesy: http://krishashok.wordpress.com/

16 comments:
ROFL!!!!
And now that the tweets and the FB status updates are acknowledged as LEGAL EVIDENCES too...ppl need to be really on their toes...
I heard last they were used in Divorce cases... so even if ur boss misses out ,ur spouse might catch you on the wrong toe err...I mean foot...
lol @ divorce cases! Gosh, we REALLY have to be careful these days, innit? I mean, even something like a pic you've been tagged in showing you in an unflattering pose even if it is as safe as at your Mom's b'day party.... speaking of which.... I hope no one gets hold of our pics at NITIE.... jeez... we were acting like total whackjobs there.... ! ;)
Lol.. Awesome strip.. :D Good advice too.. Will keep that in mind when I begin working soon.. :)
Thanks Arslan!! I liked this comic strip because I can relate to it SO much!! There are some days when you just don't feel like working.... but you obviously cannot tell THAT to the boss... So you cook up some lame excuse....but one must be careful as to not leave one's virtual footprint everywhere while you're at it!
Good luck with the new job! (according to Krish Ashok - prison routine ;)
ROFL!!
That is hilarious. I'm sure my boss does the same thing too though ;)
Hilarious...
bosses will alwyas find what their empployees are doing on social networking sites...
i'll keep this in mind from next time but for time being, my boss is not a net freak so i dont have to fear as of now :D :)
very nice post....liked it
@ Bhalomanush (I like the name!) & Abhi... yeah... better watch out for the snoopy boss! He's not as ancient as you think! Aaj kal toh google mein naam type karo aur poora history mil jaata hai ;)
Glad you liked the post! :)
LOLZ...yeah and rather nt befriend em on netwkg sites...
yup...i just visited ur blog thru some links...liked your post...something new i found...
anyways, i'll b glad if you visit my blog too...
thanks :)
lol!
@Deeps: Wise words! ;)
@Abhishek: Thanks a lot! I did visit one of your blogs (will visit the others soon too) and read some really nice poems there. Interesting stuff! Keep it going :)
@Shup: Where have you been? On your blog, I mean *hands on hips, scowl on face*
:( Nooooooooo *says it like Eric Cartman*
सुक्रिया अवंती जी :)
आप जैसे लोगों का ही ब्लॉग पढके मैं कोशिश करता हूँ कुछ लिखने की...:)
Post a Comment