When I saw you it was love at first sight
My breath stopped, my heart soared high like a fluttering kite
With a body that shines so bright
You kept me awake at night
Thinking "If only I could hold you tight!"
But now as I hold you in my hands
Way above anything else you stand
I'm in la-la land... dancing to the beats of a hip-hop band
And to think.... You came for as little as 16 grand!
Gosh, you're so sinful, you should be banned!
Except for me... that is. Now, before your devilish minds get into mode overdrive, let me clarify that it is my new mobile phone that I'm penning badly-rhyming-words about and not some chiseled-gorgeous-looking-hunk-types (err... can I get one of them too?).
Now I have been hunting for this particular piece of palm-candy for eons (I wrote a post about it way back in August '08 on this blog - http://avantishastri.blogspot.com/2008/08/droooooooooool.html). After pestering my local mobile-wallah, ringing up countless regional mobile-stores, even scouring Delhi & Chennai for it, all I came up with was a disappointing, frustrating blank.... the idiots didn't stock this beauty. But then a knight in shining armour (Arjun - this isn't meant to embarrass you) promises to get me one from Singapore..... and finally he does! If anyone's seen me dancing a merry little dance lately, don't blame me.... its the stunning W902 in my hand that's responsible!
8 comments:
LOL! Very well written :-) Now post a video of yours - holding your baby and dancing :-)
Now, now Mihir... I may be ecstatic, but I certainly do not want to make a fool of myself by posting a silly video of me dancing with my mobile. I'm afraid you have to be content with just some bad poetry on this happy occassion! Thanks anyway! :)
A poem and a dance for a phone,
Naturally I expected an iPod-like clone,
So of course I had to google it out,
But now I wonder what that fuss was all about.
(Sorry, but never been a Sony Ericsson fan. Glad for you though)
Haha, peppy lines you wrote
But this point you must note
You can expect great things, google it and watch it from far away,
But there's no feeling like having it in your hand everyday
So whilst you may want an i-phone copy
This is the tops for me, personally I think the i-phone's a bit sloppy.
Lol.. I can rhyme more poorly than that. Dude, you got to SEE this phone in person and hold it... it really is captivating!
And yes, I've ALWAYS been biased towards SE!
The design is a regular candy-bar,
Nothing captivating, from near or far,
I like my phones funky and with flair,
It should make eyes pop and make people stare,
I too went through the phase of mobile-induced joy,
But now I think it's a gimmick, all a marketing ploy.
I'm still happy with my Nokia 5700 Music Xpress,
Coz it still turns heads, never fails to impress,
It has all the features I would ever need,
And me drooling over other phones would be disloyal indeed.
I'm happy yours makes you dance with delight,
May I ask if it was love at first sight?
Indeed, the first sight was the one that did the trick
I knew then it was the one I'd have to pick
In simplicity lies beauty
Atleast it isn't like the Nokia 5700, huge and chunky
Candy-bar it may be
But its a sleek version, one that you may never see
But each to his own...
If you like funk and flair
I'm a fan of simplicity & elegance - fit for a debonair!
It's so much fun to speak in rhyme,
Any other way just seems like a crime.
Though calling it huge and chunky wasn't fair,
Coz your phone's hardly a debonair.
But you're right to say that to each his own,
Why bitch and bicker over a mobile phone?
Peace! :)
Post a Comment