Mom had temporarily shelved this old chair in one obscure corner outside our window. I'd almost forgotten about it until one fine day, when I popped my head outta the window to tend to the plants, I find this pigeon, perched royally on the inside of the chair. It was blissfully unaware of my presence (Wha! Now birds ignore me too?) and was seemingly enjoying a nice afternoon siesta. Spiffy! I had to capture this, ran along, got my mobile and clicked a picture! But then the camera sound is on, a deafening sound erupts and off goes the pigeon!!! And what it left behind surpised me more! Two little eggs!
The bird fluttered restlessly, angrily around while I was taking another picture of the eggs. Typical of a mother who's left her children behind at home. If it weren't for those two lil' shells, I'd had shooed the gentle, but messy (its always pooping!) bird away. But for now, it can bank on a cosy lil shelter to protect it during the monsoons.
Here are the little residents:
2 comments:
A cat gave birth to kittens in my friend's cupboard (in a hostel). (cudn't think of anything else to comment :P)
Lol... me too!
Post a Comment