Saturday, June 20, 2009

Its Raining!

This is an 'eating my hat' moment. I'd never thought I'd be saying this.... but its POURING and ain't I GLAD!! Admittedly, I *hate* the monsoons. In Mumbai, that is. Cause the rains have this uncanny ability to turn our city into a filthy, rancid, dirt pot; with its teeming population just managing to stay afloat like flies who have fallen into a ditch filled with goo. But this time, yeh garmi neh toh humari jaan le li! The Rain Gods have at last, and mercifully at that, beamed on us - showering this baked, scorched and thoroughly roasted planet with some much-needed succor.

Some green shoots (there's one tree with berries growing on it, it looks beautiful during the monsoons) outside my apartment, limp and almost burnt before, but now seem to have come alive, thanks to a nice lil' bath:




2 comments:

Mihir said...

Enjoy! I love rain as long as I don't have to venture out :-)

I also love rain when it comes in evening while coming back from the work.. It can be quite relaxing to get web in light drizzle...

But yeah all Indian cities turn into a big garbage can whenever it rains :-(

Avanti said...

Well, you and I seem to have common complaints about the monsoons. But yeah, they can be mighty relaxing, as long as you are wrapped in a cosy blanket at home, watching your favorite movie, munching on some hot bhajiyas (cliched, I know) and sipping your favorite sherbet while letting the scent of the rains overwhelm you!!

Gee, I WANT to do all that RIGHT NOW!! :)