After a tiring & long day at work, I was unwinding a bit, watching TV casually, zapping across myriad channels that were dishing out their daily dope. At 11.30 pm, suddenly, my phone beeps out aloud, startling me outta my lazy reverie. I make a mental note - I must change my SMS ringtone. Its way too loud. In mild irritation, I pick up the phone and read the message. It read thus:
"Pls reach office tomorrow by 9 am sharp as we have an urgent deliverable. Call me as soon as u reach. Will be in Bombay by afternoon. Urgent GN."
Now... wait a minute, I think. My office doesn't function this way. Nor does my boss SMS his employees at late hours, demanding that they come to office by whatever time at whatever place. Most of all - we do NOT use terms like 'urgent deliverables'. We are not a goods-courier company or a maternity hospital. So, this SMS is certainly not from my boss.
Concerned that the message should reach the right person, lest some important deadline is missed, I SMS back to the number:
"You seem to have reached the wrong number."
Behold the impudence of the chap when he replies:
"Is that supposed to be a joke at this hour?? I want u by 9 am."
I am not to be talked to in this manner. And who is this Smart Alec, who thinks he's frightened me enough to dream about the bad-boogeyman during the night? So I reply sternly, but politely:
"Please leave your name."
I then receive a strange, cryptic reply.
"Thats OK. Will discuss in detail tomorrow. No problem, really"
No problemo with me as well. Intentionally omitting to reply back, I fall into a deep slumber. It has indeed been a taxing, bizarre day.
Next day, true to his promise, the oaf SMSes me again!
"Have you reached office?"
I am in the middle of a meeting, and hardly have the time to entertain some queer bird's idea of a noontime shindig. I ignore the intruding SMS again.
Imagine my surprise when the guy actually calls up! It's a sophisticated, well-heeled voice, "Is this Vaishali?" he asks innocently (as if he doesn't know! Two days of constant ignoring of messages, he still expects me to be the one he is looking for!). I was about to lose my cool, but somehow, I calmly say, "No, I DON'T happen to be her. Please do NOT call me or SMS again. And please check your number." I disconnect the line.
When I receive his message again, at 11 pm... I am distinctly amused. This is a prank, for sure. Has to be.
"Pls accept my heartfelt apologies for the faux pas. Appreciate the poise. Cheers"
Compliments now, huh? I decide to play along:
"Will do"
As if this served as a green light, he happily SMSes back:
"Poise, alright! Thanks much"
I am mighty bored by now. The prank has run its course. Someone, somewhere has loads of free time on his platter. I do not reply back, dismissing the entire operation as a failed one.
Eerily, a couple of days after, the jerk SMSes again!!
"Sorry for the bother.. was watching an interview. Gayatri Devi.. you sound so much like her, methinks of course, the poise.. must be similar?? Cheers"
Gayatri she-is-so-freakin-dead Devi??!! WTF??!! I can't decide what I feel more - amusement or irritation. But this has gone far enough now. Whoever you are - friend or foe, this is NOT funny. I will not entertain some goofball who thinks this persistent stalking will make me shit bricks. One more SMS/call from you.... I gonna report you. I have your number, you idiot.
And you certainly won't find anything 'poised' about me then.
15 comments:
Haha....that was a rather funny encounter of the SMS kind! :)
Truly! Such weirdos out there in this world!
G8t....
salute to that guy....
what an effort....
But was of no use!
lol.... you are actually siding with this sidey guy? ;)
poor guy... :P :P
full marks for the effort.. ;)
But I think he should call it quits now. Beyond this stage, girls suddenly become very unreasonable. I'm just guessing. Honest. :|
Rofl... Gosh! What astounds me is the number of supporters this jerk has. I mean, this guy still thinks he can communicate via the sms method without disclosing his name or his credentials. You think I should fall for this faceless person? Isn't that unreasonable enough?
And believe it or not - he sent me a 'Happy Friendship Day' message too! After all this ignoring and chiding. Either he's extremely stupid or extremely shameless.
You aren't really serious about reporting the guy are you?
*mental note* Must get new number
:P
Lol... yes I was being serious. But now I'm glad it was only you ;) You seem less dangerous than the 'real' freak who's doing all this ;)
And sorry about the Vaishali thing. Got both your numbers mixed up. :P I called her up and asked for Avanthi.. Lol! She wasn't too pleased at first, but now she's taking it in the right spirit. Sure, she doesn't reply to my msgs or answer my calls, but I'm sure I'm making a lot of progress. :)
And a blog entry by you for me. How sweet.. :)
And now I have a public confession. So everyone knows you're a freak. Nice tag :P
Don't worry... lots of girls like freaks. They're unreasonable (your own definition) remember? ;)
You would be surprised to know how many seemingly rational, practical, intelligent girls have a secret weakness for freaks. :P
Lol... yeah... I definitely will be :)
hahahahaha!!!
I was just wondering why I dont get some gals with a voise full of poise to msg or call me to come to office on time...
It will atleast give me some motive to get out of my bed each morning and drag myself to office with a smile.. :)
These things do happen to smart, intelligent and beautiful girls... (Come to think of it... how come it happened to you?)
So relax, but yeh, if the dude does trouble you again, please do give him a warning before handing him over to the police...:P
haha...! Yes I will give the poor guy a warning to run for his life ;)
As for your question - "I was just wondering why I dont get some gals with a voise full of poise to msg or call me to come to office on time..."..... these things only happen to smart, intelligent and handsome guys. Now you know why u miss out on these girls ;)
Post a Comment