Friday, August 8, 2008

Rotten day, anyone?

Just when you thought the day couldn't get shittier... it just goes ahead and does.

Got up late today, had mom yelling at me coz I snapped at her, missed the bus, missed the train... you know...the chain of events that follow thereafter (how typically Mumbai!). Ended up late at work, had noisy colleagues for company (apparently a combination of Friday, the Beijing Olympics & 08.08.08 gets them all frenzied-up like a nation of 1 billion+ does when it wins ONE solitary medal at the games..... do the correlation-math now, won't you?). Could contribute only a single paragraph to the entire report for the day. I *hate* an unconstructive day at work.

Just when you look forward to an end to the long, wasteful day (you have a friend to meet.... yay!) it goes ahead and pours like there's no tomorrow!! Braving the smashing pellets of water, wading through the muck & bumper-to-bumper traffic at Andheri station (I tell you, that place oozes foulness & hazard), having a dozen scurrying feet trample over your own, & boarding a wrong train, you end up at Bandra, realizing thats not your destination. And to top it all, I had this amazingly bright idea of wearing heels today. Now imagine me running amok on railway platforms with them one-and-a-half inchers! Amid pushes, shoves, near-trips & muttered curses, I finally board a train back to the correct destination. Only to discover the friend is late by 20 mins. The way back home isn't amicable either. The train, for some reason, decides to take a recess at Malad station. For a whole 20 mins. A simple 20-minute ride back home took an agonizing 45 mins. And no.... the day's woes don't end there. I commit the crime of hoping I can catch a rickshaw back home. But surprise, surprise, all of them vanished the moment it started to pour again. They could win a disappearing-act award hands down, you know. So, there goes another 15 mins. I can sense parts of my brain screaming at other parts now. Patience girl, patience. Patience is the word of the day.

I came face-to-face with my competition too. Thats some serious stuff out there. Of the good kind. And I must say, I lost. I give up. I'm just too exhausted to fight anymore.

Also realized what a fool I've been made of today. I've been lied to & subjected to constant insensitive behaviour for some time now. Early signs were right there, flashing like bright neon lights at me. But perhaps I was too blinded to allow better sense to prevail. Flattery & praise can do that to you. Night makes a fool of you in daylight. Learnt my lesson though. Beginning from today I will follow one mantra.

I will begin to unlove (yes, thats a new word).

And I promise that newness to myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will begin to unlove (yes, thats a new word).

anythng happens for a gud reason..
6th sense :)
try to believe in ur belief. ;)

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

Unlove?

Awww, I think you needed a big hug right as you wrote that!!