Its been 2 weeks since I've watched this movie... but frankly, it still resonates in my mind. Quite a riveting film by Chris Nolan! I won't go and deconstruct the movie... many with keener eyes than mine have already done that, so I'll stick to my favorite scenes:1. The Pencil trick: This is one scene that everyone thought was marvelous. The ingenuity of it coupled with the execution was fantastic.... no one expected Heath to bang the thug's head on the table like that... the entire audience went 'oooooooooh' when that scene unfolded!!
2. The Truck chase: This one was a winner for me! With Heath in the truck goading Batman (on the Batpod) to ram into the truck, the will-he-will-he-not suspense & the ensuing truck flip thereafter, evicted applause from the audience (I kid you not, plus these were not some Apsara hooters...)
3. The Hospital scene: Noteworthy was the scene where Heath comes doddering out of the hospital & is upset that it didn't blow up completely and manically fidgets with some buttons on his remote. When it does blow up, he gives a start, as if he was not expecting it. Brilliant execution again!
There were many more moments in the movie that were magical. All in all, it wasn't the perfectest of movies (as it dragged a bit in some scenes) , but an entertaining one nonetheless. Hats off to Ledger for a fine performance (plus the grubby, I-don't-care-'bout-my-appearance look....I think he pulled it off quite well) that will be remembered for a long time to come.
And who can forget these quotes:
Alfred: Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
And ....the *gem* of all quotes, I love this one:
Batman: Why do you want to kill me?
The Joker: I don't want to kill you. What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, you... you complete me.
No comments:
Post a Comment